Students are required to authenticate using multi-factor DUO before using the campus Grubhub app. This step must be taken prior to accessing the campus Grubhub app. The enrollment process is documented in the step by step guide here
. This will need to be completed from on or off campus before you can access Marist services such as VPN, iLearn, myMail, and MyMarist. In order to begin the enrollment process, you must have the DUO app downloaded on your smart phone.
Download Grubhub and create a new account (or sign in if you already have Grubhub downloaded). To add your campus, select the Settings (gear icon) at the top right on your Account page. In your Settings, click on Campus Dining. Select your campus and your school affiliation. Add campus card or go directly to the list of on campus cafes and eateries.
The Grubhub app is now available in the international app store, meaning that students no longer need to use a workaround to access the app. In addition, Grubhub is in process of developing the ability to apply international credit cards to purchases. Most countries are currently supported and others are being added on as quickly as possible. If you are an international student and are having trouble accessing the Grubhub app, please text MARISTEATS to 82257.
Toggle between ordering on-campus pickup or delivery. Once you’ve placed your on-campus order for pickup, the app will notify you when your food is ready. If ordering pickup, you can pick up your food at the Grubhub pickup sign at the dining location you selected. If ordering delivery, the delivery pickup will be made to centralized location designated in your delivery zone. Click here to view the most up-to-date campus delivery map. You will be notified when the order is out for delivery and when it has arrived at the designated delivery location.
IMPORTANT: Students must list their address on the Grubhub app as 3399 North Road, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601.
A student can order food items for pickup via the Grubhub app from the following locations: North End Dining and Hancock Brew.
Marketplace offers on campus delivery service to Zones 1-3 from 5:00-10:00pm daily (no walk-up service).
Delivery locations are as follows:
- South End residence areas – Leo, Sheahan, Champagnat, Marian and Midrise: delivery made for all of these residences to the main public lobby of Leo Hall
- Foy, Lower New Townhouses, Upper New Townhouses, North End residence areas – Ward, O’Shea, Lavelle and McCormack Halls: delivery made for all of these residences to the pickup area within North End Dining at McCormack Hall
- Lower Fulton Townhouses and Lower West Cedar Townhouses, Upper West Cedar and Upper Fulton Townhouses - delivery made for all of these townhouse residences to the exterior patio area outside of the West Cedar Fitness Room (under the overhang)
At campus retail dining locations including North End Dining, Marketplace, and Hancock Brew, students may use U Pick meal equivalency, plus Thrifty Cash and Marist Money for U Pick rollover transactions. Students may not use credit/debit for U Pick rollover transactions.
Students may also use Thrifty Cash, Marist Money, credit/debit to make their entire purchase at campus retail dining locations on the Grubhub app.
To cancel an order, students must contact Grubhub support. To contact Grubhub support, click the "Need Help?" link on the “View Order” screen in the Grubhub app. Students can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
No, students may not use their dining plan (meal swipes or Thrifty Cash) or Marist Money to purchase from off-campus restaurants in the Grubhub app. However, students CAN use credit or debit to make such purchases.
Off-campus purchases via the Grubhub app are not managed by Marist Dining Services.
For questions regarding off-campus restaurant purchases, students must contact the restaurant or Grubhub directly.
The following are possible solutions to fix this error.
- Make sure that the Grubhub app is updated to the latest version.
- If you are trying to use U Pick, please check that you are toggled to the U Pick menu. When selecting a desired dining location, make sure you select “U Pick”, not “Marist Money/Thrifty Cash/Credit”.
- Try removing your Marist ID card and re-adding it as a payment method to your account.
- Make sure you select the right payment method between “U Pick + Marist Money” or “U Pick + Thrifty Cash”. If you try to pay with a method in which you do not have a balance, the app will not let the transaction proceed.
- If none of the above solutions fix the error, please text keyword MARISTEATS to 82257.
The Grubhub app does not display dining plan meal swipe balances. Students can view their dining plan balances by visiting their My.Marist.edu
account > scroll down to “Quick Links” > click “Marist Money, Thrifty Cash, Meal Balance”.
Delivery zones are centralized pickup locations within a specific area on campus. This method of delivery is used to meet the logistical needs of serving a large student population in a timely fashion.
Grubhub pickup deliveries are made by Marist Dining Services employees.
The Grubhub app will provide real-time updates about your order and inform you when your order is ready to be picked up.
It is recommended that students place their order near the time they would like to pick it up. Students are unable to order takeout or delivery pickup in advance for a set time (For example, 11:00am the next day). The app will be updated with accurate wait times so students will know how long it will take for their order to be prepared.
Yes, the Grubhub app is FREE for Marist students to use for on-campus take-out and delivery pickup. There is no fee associated with using the app at campus dining locations.
No, tips are not expected.
If you have an issue with your order, please ask to speak with the supervisor of the dining location or text keyword MaristEats to 82257. If you have an issue with Grubhub app, please click here
. If you require further assistance, please contact Dining Services here