Beginning at 7:00 am (EDT) on August 19, 2020, students will be required to authenticate using Multi-factor DUO. This step must be taken prior to accessing the campus Grubhub app. The enrollment process is documented in the step by step guide here
. This will need to be completed from on or off campus before you can access Marist services such as VPN, iLearn, myMail, and MyMarist. In order to begin the enrollment process, you must have the DUO app downloaded on your smart phone.
Download Grubhub and create a new account (or sign in if you already have Grubhub downloaded). To add your campus, select the Settings (gear icon) at the top right on your Account page. In your Settings, click on Campus Dining. Select your campus and your school affiliation. Add campus card or go directly to the list of on campus cafes and eateries.
Toggle between ordering on-campus take-out or delivery pickup. Once you’ve placed your on-campus order for take-out, the app will notify you when your food is ready. If ordering take-out, you can pick up your food at the Grubhub pickup sign at the dining location you selected. If ordering delivery pickup, the delivery pickup will be made to the main lobby entrance of traditional residence buildings. For on-campus apartment complex locations, for example Foy Townhouses, the delivery pickup will be made to a designated common location within that resident apartment complex. You will be notified when the order is out for delivery pickup and when it has arrived at the designated delivery pickup location.
Check out this video for more information: Click Here.
A student can order food items for take-out from the following locations: Dining Hall, North End Dining, Donnelly Café, the Cabaret, and Hancock Brew.
Yes, a student is required to reserve a dine-in time slot via the Grubhub app to dine inside the Dining Hall. When the student arrives for their dine-in time slot they will be able to select their meals from the various servery stations. The student will then be able to sit at a table for a maximum of 45 minutes. If a time slot is not available, it will not appear as an option on the Grubhub app. NOTE: A time slot reservation does not reserve a specific seat. If space is available for dine-in, we will do our best to accommodate walk-ups but there is no guarantee that an accommodation can be made.
After reserving a time slot, the student will receive an SMS confirmation within 5 minutes. The SMS will include instructions and a link to a reservation pass which must be displayed to the dining services staff upon entry to the Dining Hall. If the pass is accessed more than 15 minutes early to reservation, or more than 15 minutes after the reservation, the pass will not be usable at that time.
Yes, a student will be able to reserve at the same time as their friends via their own Grubhub app, provided there is space available for that time slot.
No, take-out meals via the GrubHub app may NOT be eaten in the Dining Hall. Grubhub take-out meals are only to be picked up by the student who immediately exits the Dining Hall. A student may choose to eat their meal at the outdoor dining tent (located adjacent to the Dining Hall), outdoors, the Cabaret, or other locations across campus.
Menu choices, both dine-in and pre-ordered take-out offer ample serving choices. Every effort is made to provide a student with their food choices, either by selecting food items at the various servery stations or through the Grubhub app. Due to health and safety regulations according to CDC and NYS guidelines, we can no longer offer all-you-can-eat buffet style service.
- For breakfast, students have the option of selecting from our breakfast Homestyle station (for example, pancakes, scrambled eggs, breakfast protein, breakfast potatoes) or one egg sandwich to-go. In addition, students can select one grab and go snack item and one breakfast pastry. In addition, students will also be able to select a bowl of cereal, a carton of milk and two pieces of seasonal whole fruit. Students may also select a cold bottled beverage and a served hot beverage, such as coffee or tea. Click here to view an example.
- For lunch and dinner, students will have the option of selecting a meal from our Homestyle station or our 8-Allergen-Free Simple Servings station which includes a protein, starch, and vegetable. Vegetarian and pasta options are also offered at the Homestyle station. In addition, students will be able to select an entrée from the Grill (such as a burger or grilled chicken sandwich), Deli or Pizza. Students can also select one dessert item from our in-house bakery, two grab and go snack items, two seasonal whole fruit and a scratch-made vegetarian soup or a freshly made pre-packaged salad. Students may also select a cold bottled beverage and a served hot beverage, such as coffee or tea. Click here to view an example.
Multiple entrée orders from a single servery station are not permitted.
A student who opts for second helpings in the Dining Hall will have to exit the facility and register using the Grubhub app for another dine-in time slot. Due to health and safety regulations according to CDC and NYS guidelines, we can no longer offer all-you-can-eat buffet style service. As a reminder, at initial entry to the Dining Hall, students are encouraged to select all of their food choices for a hearty and fulfilling meal.
Lite Fare, available at the Dining Hall only through the Grubhub app for pre-order takeout, is available between the lunch and dinner meals from 2:30pm 4:30pm daily in which a variety of lite fare options include grill, pizza, deli, soup, salad, bakery, snacks, fruit, beverages and selected breakfast items. NOTE - Homestyle and Simple Servings stations are closed during this time to allow dining services staff to freshly prepare dinner options for these stations beginning at 4:30pm. Students who desire options not included in the Lite Fare meal period are encouraged to visit the Dining Hall prior to 2:30pm or after 4:30pm. In addition, students may enjoy North End Dining offerings during this time, such as Rossi’s deli, quesadillas, pastas, salads, wok specials and more under the Pick 3 Meal Swap Program
On-campus only retail menu delivery pickup is available via Grubhub from Marketplace and Chick N Bap and Simply to Go menus at the Cabaret. The Cabaret will offer on campus only delivery pickup between 5:00-10:00pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Marketplace will offer on campus only delivery pickup service from 5:00-10:00pm daily (no walk-up service).
Delivery pickup locations to traditional residence buildings are to the main lobby entrance only. For on-campus apartment complex locations, for example Foy Townhouses, will be to a designated common location within that resident apartment complex. NOTE: Grubhub delivery pickup service is not available for students residing at Conklin Hall and off campus locations.
Click here for a delivery pickup map.
Delivery Pickup locations are as follows:
- South End residence areas – Leo, Sheahan, Champagnat, Marian and Midrise: delivery pickup made for all of these residences to either the main public lobby or front of building nearby to the Entry Officer desk
- Lower New Townhouses: delivery pickup made for all of these townhouse residences to the outdoor walkway archway (outside)
- Foy and Upper New Townhouses: delivery pickup made for all of these townhouse residences to the common laundry room located between Foy and Upper New Townhouses (outside)
- North End residence areas – Ward, O’Shea, Lavelle and McCormack Halls: delivery pickup made for all of these residences to the common entry area inside of Ward Hall
- Lower Fulton Townhouses - delivery pickup made for all of these townhouse residences to the common laundry room under the archway at Lower Fulton
- Lower West Cedar Townhouses: delivery pickup made for all of these townhouse residences to the common laundry room (outside) at Lower West Cedar
- Upper West Cedar and Upper Fulton Townhouses - delivery pickup made for all of these townhouse residences to the exterior patio area outside of the West Cedar Fitness Room (under the overhang)
Grubhub pickup deliveries are made by Marist Dining Services employees.
For take-out at the Murray Student Center Dining Hall and North End Dining, a student may use Pick 3 meal swaps in addition to Thrifty Cash, Marist Money, credit and debit cards. For take-out at Hancock, the Cabaret and Donnelly Café, a student may use Thrifty Cash, Marist Money, credit and debit cards only. For delivery pickup service from the Cabaret and Marketplace, a student may use Thrifty Cash, Marist Money, credit and debit cards only. No Pick 3 Meal Swaps can be used for delivery pickup service.
The Grubhub app will provide real-time updates about your order and inform you when your order is ready to be picked up.
It is recommended that students place their order near the time they would like to pick it up. Students are unable to order take-out or delivery pickup in advance for a set time (For example, 11:00am the next day). The app will be updated with accurate wait times so students will know how long it will take for their order to be prepared.
New to the Marist campus, the Grubhub app is FREE for Marist students to use for on-campus take-out and delivery pickup. There is no fee associated with using the app at campus dining locations.
No, tips are not expected.
If you have an issue with your order, please ask to speak with the supervisor of the dining location. If you have an issue with Grubhub app, please click here
. If you require further assistance, please contact Dining Services here